Monday, January 11, 2010

oh, anthro.



The images in this month's Anthropologie catalog are so beautiful. After I finished flipping through the pages, I wanted to rummage through my closet and get rid of half my clothes, plan a fantastic trip somewhere far away, and then go get her adorable haircut (but it would look terrible on me).

Which leads me to my question: does anyone else have a bit of a love/hate relationship with the Anthro catalog every time they look through it? Sometimes after browsing, I end up feeling like my life is so unglamorous, so unfashionable, and just so un-put together. It's a little bit of a life meets fantasy meets reality conversation every time. Gosh, it's embarrassing to admit that. What is it with this sense of unrealistic envy? However, at the same token, I suppose that's part of what makes these pages so great-- they're like little slices of a dream. And I just have to learn to slap myself a little each time after perusing. . .

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

Blogger abigail said...

ha! I wanted to get that haircut too even though I had that haircut and it did not go well.

January 11, 2010 at 7:08 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I SO understand that feeling. For me it's when I watch Sex and the City.

January 11, 2010 at 7:55 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hahaha, for once in my life, I actually ripped pages out of this edition and taped them to my bedroom wall, in hopes of being able to match styles from my wardrobe!

January 11, 2010 at 12:32 PM  
Blogger Well Hello Chicago said...

i'm so glad to know i'm not alone, ladies!! xo.

January 11, 2010 at 7:21 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home