creamy salsa verde.

At Johnny's family Christmas Eve party this year, there were a ton of passable Hors d'oeuvres before we sat down to dinner (gasp!). One of them was from his Aunt MaryPat-- vegetarian quesadillas with a creamy salsa verde. Knowing what a foodie Johnny is, she came right up to us and told us about this dip that they found at a local Mexican dive, and described it as "guacamole and salsa verde combined." Say whaaat? Now, we're still dreaming about it, and I'm on the lookout to find a recipe online that might come slightly close. I'm going to try this recipe at some point this week, and will let you know how it turns out.
photograph from serious eats (note: I don't know if this is a photo of what I'm describing above or not, but it's the closest I could find!)
Labels: food

3 Comments:
I want this RIGHT NOW. Sounds amazing.
Sounds yummy! Def bookmarking the recipe :)
oh, man. that sounds amazing.
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home